2.25.2008

Goodbye Crib...

Hello toddler bed. Cory converted Landrie's bed on Friday from a baby crib to the toddler bed. We decided since she doesn't do extremely well with change, especially change to her room or bedtime routine, that doing a toddler bed first before the twin bed would be the best for her. She LOOOOVES it and has spent every free moment in her room. She went to bed in it great Friday night slept in it from 8:30-7:30 without a peep and didn't even climb out of it in the morning she waited for me to come in there and get her. Saturday night wasn't too great, which we knew would probably happen. We put her to bed in there and she went to sleep in there but Tate is also still here on Saturday nights when we put her to bed and she knows I have to take Tate back home and she worries and has to make sure I come back home to her. So Saturday night she woke up at 12:30 and Cory just put her in our bed. But last night was another success, she slept in there from 9:00-7:30! Wahoo!!! I did try and sneak in there about 10:30 last night to get a sleeping pic but to my surprise she was sitting up in her bed just sitting there and so I tucked her back in and she went back to sleep without a problem. Maybe tonight I can catch a sleeping one. But we are just so relieved that it has gone so well. Can't wait to get all her new bedding from Pottery Barn Kids in for her real "BIG GIRL" bed. It's going to be SO cute!

Last night with the crib, so bittersweet for Mommy
I tried to sneak in Saturday morning but she had just woken up and I got this pic, still cute though
She LOVES her bed, she plays on it all day, here she is laying on it coloring. I think this is another glimpse into the future, I can see her laying like this on her bed doing homework one day.




7 comments:

The Billingsly Brood said...

AWWW... That is wonderful news! Sounds like her bedding is going to be cute. I want to redo Bray's bedding but can't really do anything with Peyton's until she moves in to the toddler bed stage.

Pawlenko Family said...

OOOHHH I love Landrie's room. Where did you get those curtains lol. Yeah for the big girl bed! I think it's harder on mommie and L.

Becky Malone said...

Congrats Landrie! Big girls rule!!

Jill said...

ADORABLE !!!! I'm glad she's liking it !!!

Meghan said...

Her room is darling! Once they are in a big bed, it's crazy how grown up they seem... bittersweet is right!

Lisa B said...

Did you paint the flowers on her walls? I love them.

Lindsey said...

I wish I could take credit for painting her room, I still almost 3 years later love it. But we actually had a lady come and do it.