6.30.2008

Sucess!!!

All of the sudden last Thursday Landrie decided she was ready to start using the potty and wearing panties. I discovered this because she was in the kitchen with me making dinner when all of the sudden she disappeared and so after a few minutes I went looking for her. Well when I found her she was in our bathroom emptying her little bowl to her potty chair into the big toilet and flushing it. I just stood there for a second in shock that she did it all by herself. So I decided that was it then. It was time, she was the one who showed the interest without any pressure from us. So since then she has been mainly wearing panties unless I know we will be gone for a long time then she wears a pull up. She is really scared of public bathrooms so I know that is the next hurdle. We overcame the poopie hurdle tonight! I was unloading the dishwasher when she came in there and asked me for a diaper and I could tell by the look on her face she needed to go so I told her no that she was a big girl and to go use her potty so off she went without a fight or a no and went in there on her own and went poopie!!! I walked in on the end of it and I helped her wipe and get her panties back up. She got a big prize, a Giselle doll from Enchanted since this was such a huge hurdle for her. So I am proud and also a little sad at the same time to say my baby is growing up on me. ;) Now if we can get her to not be scared of public bathrooms it would be great. lol












1 comment:

The Billingsly Brood said...

Awesome job with the potty Landrie!