6.08.2008

Busy Weekend...

We had a very busy weekend. Friday night we went to a friends wedding at the lake so that was a late night. Saturday morning Landrie decided she would wake up at 6:25 AM!!! She hasn't done that in forever unless she was having a nightmare or it was storming but she always goes back to sleep, well... not this time. lol Nope, she was up for the day. Cory decided this year that he wanted to have people over for his birthday instead of go out to eat at a restaurant. So we invited family and some close friends to come over for a cookout. So I arranged for Landrie to spend some time with Cory's parents so I could get some stuff done around the house since Cory wasn't home, he was helping my dad with their fence. They picked her up around 10:30 and took her shopping at the outlet and out to lunch. They said she was so good that even people in the stores were complimenting of her. That makes me smile from ear to ear when I hear things like that about L, makes me feel like WE ARE doing a good job with her on the discipline and behaving area. But like all kids she still has her moments from time to time but I love that she was extremely good without Cory or I around. I knew she would fall asleep in the car so I told them to call me when they were on their way so I could watch for them and get her out of the car and keep her asleep since I knew she needed a nap since it would be another late night and people would be over. Well guess what... she woke up as soon as I laid her down on our bed, ANOTHER thing she rarely does!!! She almost always stays asleep. So after an hour and a half of laying on our bed with her trying to get her to go to sleep I gave up. We were BOTH extremely frustrated and it wasn't getting either of us anywhere. So I let her get up and she immediately wanted to go play with her new Barbie and Barbie stuff that Nana & Paw Paw had bought for her. They also got her a cute bathing suit and matching shoes from the Gap. So she was all excited about all of that. Thank you again Nana & Paw Paw for taking her shopping with you and getting her all those things.



The party started about 6:00 and we had a better turn out than I thought we would. We had a lot of fun and everyone who had kids brought them over so Landrie was in heaven. She said that Daddy had to have a Spiderman birthday party so her and I had gone earlier in the week and ordered him a Spiderman birthday cake. Good thing it wasn't a secret because as soon as she saw him she blurted it right out to him. lol But we all had a lot of fun the kids got to play outside on the swing set and trampoline, they all had a blast. Landrie was ready to crash about 9:00 but she is one of those that won't go to sleep if she knows people are there and that fun things are going on. So she fought it for a while and finally fell asleep in my lap about 11:30 and she slept until 10:30 the next morning. She woke up in the BEST mood! Cory had decided to go and do some night fishing with my brother and a friend of his and oh boy did they have an experience, lets just say they got their workout in that morning pushing his truck oh about 4 miles. lol So we let him sleep in a little more while her and I went out in the backyard and played and then after a while she told me it was hot and we came back in and played Barbies. We didn't do much Sunday, just recooperated from the weekend, did some laundry and cleaned around the house. We did go to Zeke's Sunday night and swim for about an hour but other than that we stayed home.



*We were playing Barbies and Landrie said to one as she was brushing her hair, " Oh Barbie, you have tangles, I am so sorry, but I am just trying to get the tangles out." LOL Same thing I always say to her when she has tangles.


Mommy & Landrie before leaving for the wedding Daddy's cake that Landrie picked out

Ace & Landrie trying to be patient


Kennedy, Landrie and Ace "posing" lol


Landrie and her favorite Aunt Torrie as she says. ;)



Keeping with the theme, Cory's parents bought this shirt for Cory after Landrie picked it out






Miss Hailey, isn't she a doll???







Landrie got her cell phone out of her purse and said she was talking to her Aunt Torrie. She also wore the new bathing suit that Nana & Paw Paw got for her all day. lol






































2 comments:

The Billingsly Brood said...

Happy belated birthday to cory from us! Landrie's new bathing suit is too cute.

Jill said...

((a lil late)) HAPPY BIRTHDAY Cory, GREAT Theme too ;)


L is SUCH a diva on her phone...LOL