6.02.2008

New Job for Mommy!!! =)

After almost 7 years at Phipps & Company I have decided to take another job. It is bittersweet; although I am extremely ready to move on I can't help but be a little afraid of the unknown. I definitely have a comfort zone here and I am sure that is why I have stayed for so long. Everyone has become family to me and that made it hard to look for another job. But with the economy the way it is the housing market isn't doing too well. Plus, I was driving 110 miles a day and gas just keeps going up and up it was definitely time to find something closer to home.


I am going to be the secretary at the new elementary school in our subdivision called Smith. I am so excited and I cannot wait. During the summer I will work M-Th 7:30-5:30 and have Friday's off and then I will also get 2 weeks off next month around Landrie's 3rd Birthday. I am truly thankful that God listened to my constant prayers about wanting more time with Landrie and something closer to home. The school is only about a mile from our house so I will be able to go home at lunch which I know I will love. I am supposed to start Monday, June 16th as long as everything goes through the way it's supposed to. Thank you to everyone who prayed for me and helped me on this LONG journey to get a job with the school district, I really appreciate it.
My last day with Phipps is Wednesday, June 11th. I am only working half a day; we are all going out to lunch and then I am off. Landrie is going to work with me that day so they can all see her before I leave. My first day with the school district is Monday, June 16th!




Here is a sign my friend Torrie had made for me at Canton (HUGE craft type flea market that goes on for one weekend a month for those who have no clue what it is, lol), isn't it the CUTEST?!!



7 comments:

Pawlenko Family said...

Yeah Lindsey. I know how bad you wanted this. I am so happy and proud of you for not giving up!

Anonymous said...

Aww I love that sign!!!

The Billingsly Brood said...

I am so happy for you! The sign is too cute, I love Canton!

stacey said...

Congratulations! That is going to be the perfect job for you. You are going to love seeing all the little kids and having more time with L.

Jill said...

how CUTE & CONGRATS on the new endeavor I know how much youve wanted this

The Bell Family said...

I am laughing so hard at Landrie's little sayings!!!

ddoggiess said...

Hey you guys, I am so proud of you both and ms. Landrie..
Lindsey God does answer prayers in his time, I am so excited that your pray has become a reality for you. I am so proud to call you guys my family

Luv ya
Cindy