4.22.2008

Hair Cut...

I finally had enough of L's long, thick, curly at the bottom, tangled hair. It was becoming a huge ordeal just to brush her hair so you can only imagine how having to actually fix her hair went. Lets just say there were REAL tears shed daily because of her hair being long and thick and the curls at the bottom tangling. Even the spray on detangler didn't completely help all the time. So after 2 major ordeals of fixing her hair over the weekend I decided Monday after work I was going to take her and get it cut. I told her we were going to cut it and at first she said no and started to cry but then I told her that if we get it cut it won't hurt as bad to brush and fix it anymore so she said ok. I picked her up from my mom's on Monday I was a little nervous to take her not knowing how she would do since we have only had her hair cut once and that was 6 months ago. Although she did great then. Last time she got to sit in their little car for kids but this time they had her sit in the regular chair with a booster in it. She of course wanted the car but she didn't complain really. I gave her a bubble gum lollipop to help keep her busy but really she didn't eat it, she licked it a few times and gave it back. lol She just sat there talking to me or the lady cutting her hair or trying to look in the mirror at herself. (she LOVES doing that, haha) She did great though, thank goodness! So now I am pleased to say brushing and fixing her hair is going MUCH smoother these days. =) I also picked up this new leave in conditioner made by Johnson & Johnson that I put in her hair right after her bath and then I comb it that helps a lot too as well as the spray detangler when it's dry.

Fixing to start



Such a good girl just sitting with her lollipop

All done and checking out all the products, ESPECIALLY the nail polish ;)


At home in the backyard with dry hair


Growing up waaay too fast







4 comments:

Jill said...

GREAT shots, I ESP love that last one....

The Billingsly Brood said...

Awww.. that last pic is so beautiful! I have a feeling that i'm going to have a hard time with peyton's it's not thick but super curly and it already get's tangled. Brayden get's his hair cut a lot because it grows so fast and he love's looking in the mirror too!

Pawlenko Family said...

Awe - that last one is precious. Getting so big!

allison said...

very cute! LOVE the dress!