9.13.2008

Hurricane Ike!

When we heard that we were going to get a lot of rain from Hurrican Ike we decided to head out early Saturday morning to Michaels and Hobby Lobby to get some craft stuff to do while we were trapped inside most of the day. We got some really fun and cute Halloween kits. Most of them are out of foam, they are so neat and really reasonably priced. Landrie and Cory sat around all morning working on them. I took a few pics of them working on the haunted tree house we bought, but before they could finish we had to jump in the car and go over to one of those after hours doctor places. Landrie's little foot was extremely red and swollen (see pic below) everytime she walked her foot turned completely white and she couldn't fit most of her shoes on her feet. We knew it was a bug bite but we weren't sure if it was a new one or from her bee stings she had gotten the week before. But her doctor reassured us that it was definitely a new bite and not from the bee stings. I didn't think it would take a week to show symptoms from bee stings, but you never know. So I was glad in a way to know it was new and not feel like I wasn't watching my daughter when indeed I had and her foot looked fine all week. She was so good and was so sweet to everyone which I was so thankful for. You never know how they are going to act with something new, she hadn't ever seen any other doctor than her pediatrician but she did great. The doctor put her on Bactrin (I think that's what it's called) for 10 days and boy does she HATE it!!! She also has to take Benedryl at least once a day as well. So that was our fun, eventful Hurricane Ike experience, oh yeah... and it wasn't bad at all, especially compared to what they kept predicting for us here in Dallas, but I definitely feel so sorry for the people it did effect, I can't even begin to imagine what they are going through.


Here is Landrie being goofy before her dance class. The outfit, bow and tap buttons came from Aunt Torrie's mom, Debbie. She also got her a cute dance bag but it's off getting embroidered. Thank you again Debbie for getting her all this, that was so sweet of you to think of her! She loves it! :)

Working on the Haunted House during the rain




Landrie's poor little foot :(
Funny things said by Miss L lately

*When I grow up I gonna do something, okay?
*When I grow up I be the Mommy and I have 2 babies.
*When I grow up I gonna be a doctor.
Lot's of "when I grow up" lately, lol
*Cory says "I am onto you" all the time to her and now she says it, it's so funny

1 comment:

Pawlenko Family said...

OMG- landrie your poor little foot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!