9.04.2008

First Day of Dance Class...

We have been talking about this day for months. Every time we would Landrie would always ask, "I go to dance TODAY?!" and we would have to burst her little bubble and say no. Finally it was time for dance class to start. I picked her up from my parents house and told her where we were going that evening and she was so excited. Her class didn't start until 6:00 and we got home at 4:30 and of course she wanted to get ready as soon as we got home. Oh and we only live 5 minute from the studio but she was just so excited. So I went ahead and got her ready, I thought if anything I can take some pictures of her and get up there a little early to get a good spot.



I soon found out that the first class is the only class we could go in and watch. :( Immediately I began to worry, I know my daughter and she is a huge "Mommy's girl" no matter what I do or say, she has been since day one. Even as a baby there were MANY times she only wanted me and I was the only would who could calm her down. We have a special bond I guess you could say. So of course I started to worry about the next class before the first one even began. lol But I did take advantage of getting to be in there and took a lot of pictures. It was a class of about 12 girls ranging in age from 2.5-5. Some had taken dance before some hadn't. It was pretty chaotic I must say. lol You have this small room with parents, siblings, the 12 girls plus the teacher all in there. Then you have the teacher trying to get the girls to listen to her, us parents trying to get onto their children, so it was pretty funny and I soon came to understand why they have a "closed door" policy on the parents being in the room for all classes. I too even found myself getting onto Landrie and then Landrie getting mad at me for correcting her when there was a teacher that I had been telling her for weeks was in charge and she would need to be good and listen to her. lol



She did good overall though, especially considering she had never been to anything like that before. She only stays with my parents or Cory's parents. She did great when the teacher asked her to do certain things and loved playing the games she had for them. She would get a little off track if the teacher had to stop and do something or pay attention to just one child for a minute or two. That's when Landrie would go to the mirrors and make faces, twirl around, lay on the floor and play snake, all that fun kid stuff. Oh and at one point the teacher was talking directly to Landrie standing right in front of her and Landrie jumped up in the air and landed in the splits. Yep... that's my child. lol The teacher just made a face like "wow" and laughed. She later told me that she thinks Landrie is going to do great in dance. Not sure if she was just saying that because she saw the look of embarrassment on my face or she was being serious, guess we will just have to wait and see. ..





Posing for Mommy








Taking attendance and learning names



Making a circle to play "ring around the rosey"









Waiting on the teacher, she decided to sing... I can't think of anything better to do to help pass the time, can you ? lol





Oh wait, there's a hang nail (she HATES them)










Pretty good balance for 3 I must say









Playing in the mirror








































No comments: