5.23.2008

Off with Mommy...

My parents went out of town to Shreveport Monday and Tuesday so I had a 4 day weekend with Miss L. I LOVE when I get to have those with her. Saturday we didn't do too much just stayed home and cleaned and hung out and took pics of her in her Taylor Swift boots (post before this one). Then Sunday we went over to Aunt Torrie and Uncle Bo's house for some burgers. Cory was gone fishing yet again, surprise surprise. lol So it was just Landrie and I, we went over there about 1 and didn't go home until about 9. LOL So we pretty much spent all day together, but we had a blast. We did some shopping at N.Y. Co and went and let my parents dogs out and just hung out. Cory did come over there after he got home from fishing but that wasn't until about 7. But we all have such a great time hanging out together and Landrie LOVES it because she is definitely the center of attention.

Monday we went up to Aunt Torrie's school and had lunch with her in her classroom. Landrie was all into that. She has been talking about school a lot lately but I know she has no clue what it really is. She just hears Tate talk about it and hears things on t.v. about it as well. We really didn't do too much on Monday. Cory's fuel pump went out on his truck so he got to come home early on Monday as well. All I can say is THANK GOODNESS we added tow service to our insurance plan. We only had to pay $8 to have his truck towed from his work to our house. Great deal considering it would have been about $150 without it!

Tuesday, oh man was this a day, lol. Cory had aired up Landrie's pool from last year. We took great care of it, she actually didn't use it much but somehow it wound up with a leak in it. Yes, I could have gone and used one of the 2 community pools we have but I know Landrie and she is in and out the whole time and plus I just wanted to stay around the house and do a picnic in her clubhouse and all that fun stuff. So off to Wal-Mart we went to buy her a new pool and pick up my dad's air compressor since ours is a pain to use sometimes. Well we get back home and it's like 90 outside with 100% humidity (I am probably exaggerating, but it felt like 100%) trying to get this attachment to hook onto my dad's air pump well come to find out the hose I needed was in the truck of his car. So Cory had to walk me through using ours which was easier than I thought it would be but I did throw the breaker when I plugged it in. lol But that's ok, he told me that would probably happen. But I did get it aired up but then I had to carry that HUGE thing over my head to keep it from dragging all while making sure I didn't trip over an almost 3 year old who was OVERLY excited about swimming. lol So I got it back there and the hose in there filling up, so I think ok, we are good. So Landrie and I go in the house to put our bathing suits on well I get her all ready to go only to not be able to find the bottoms to mine!!! Oh I was ticked. lol So off to Wal-Mart AGAIN to find me a bathing suit. Took me forever because everything was all mixed up. Poor L she was such a trooper and didn't really get upset at all. I did give her some tic-tacs as well so she was happy about that. lol So FINALLY about 1 we got to get in her pool. This whole process began around 9-10 or so. lol The water was SO cold though. Landrie didn't seem to mind at all but she was running around and jumping in like kids do so they get use to it in no time. We had grilled cheese, grapes and cheese puffs up in her clubhouse for lunch. Then it was naptime and of course she had to say she wasn't tired and didn't need a nap and was out within 10 minutes. lol After she got up she immediately wanted to go swimming again, I soon learned 2 bathings suits was definitely not going to be enough for her all summer, this year she is loving the water. lol We had such a great day!


First batch of swimming pics with the point and shoot







Trying to put her float on Katie




2nd batch of swimming pics (after nap) with big camera
She got in and got right back out, said it was cold. lol

Cute little foot
Hmmm.... (you can see those wheels turning)



And she is off







Having a great time





Her famous fish face, she always says, "lets play a game" and when you say ok what game and she says "the fishy game" and she makes this face. LOL
















4 comments:

The Billingsly Brood said...

I was laughing about the swimsuit's because the kids have a ton this summer for that same reason! They play in their pool from sun up to sun down.

Anonymous said...

We definitely need to visit each other this summer... the girls would LOVE to swim together!!

~Myra

Pawlenko Family said...

Dont you just love the summer! So funny about your adventures in walmart. lmao!

Jill said...

how FUN!!! K wants to come over & swim, he'll teach you to put your face under ;)