3.15.2008

Go Away Flu!

Well I am better, still coughing some but overall better. But now Landrie has it. This is the second year in a row I have gotten her a flu shot and she has gotten the flu. I am really starting to rethink getting her the shot. I feel so bad, like I am getting her poked for nothing. We actually thought she just had a cold or sinus infection but I took her to the doctor yesterday since she has been running fever off and on for the last few days and been super congested along with the lovely green/yellow mucus. Oh how I LOVE her doctor, she came in the room and took one look at her and said I want to test her for the flu, her eyes and face just look really puny and a lot like she looked last year when she had the flu. So sure enough she tested positive. She said L is just one of those people that gets the flu and doesn't always act like the typical flu patient. So she is on Tamiflu twice a day now for the next 5 days. This year does seem worse than last year though. But as long as her fever is down she plays for the most part like normal. She is congested and getting hoarse which she didn't have last year but she is playing so that is good.

Oh and we have a not go great experience at the doctors office yesterday as well. After they had done the flu test on her and we were waiting for the results. L was just sitting there on the floor being good and playing when all of the sudden she threw up all over herself. And L being the finicky, clean, can't get dirty kid she FREAKED OUT. I had to calm her down because she was so upset she had gotten her clothes and shoes all dirty. Poor thing. And of course I didn't have any extra clothes with me so I had to spot clean everything at the sink in the exam room. I thought she would fight me on putting them back on at the end of the appointment but she didn't but boy did she stink after a while, didn't help it was 85 outside here yesterday, poor thing. But she only threw up the one time so that is good. I hate stomach stuff with a passion. But hopefully all this is out of our house soon. I know I can't wait for it all to leave.

I took these pics of L last week before the flu bug hit our house...










3 comments:

Jill said...

I hope the sickies leave your house SOON. {{{HUGS}}} CUTE bath pics, ESP the converted ones !!!!

Pawlenko Family said...

oh I feel for you! It will all be gone soon! I love that last pic so much!!!!!!!!!

The Billingsly Brood said...

I'm so sorry that ya'll have been sick. I hope ya'll feel better soon!