9.06.2009

First Day of School...

Landrie started preschool on Wednesday, the 2nd. We have talked to her about it for a long time now, at least since May, when I went and enrolled her. She has been so excited about starting school she has talked about it nonstop all summer. I let her pick a backpack out of the Pottery Barn Kids magazine and we had her name put on it. We had done some school/fall shopping over the tax free weekend a few weeks ago, met her teacher and were pretty much ready for this day. She was so excited that we didn't even have to wake her up that morning, she woke up ready to go. We all got ready and off we went. We did the secret code on the door to get in the building, she insisted that she was a big girl and could go up the stairs and show us the way herself. We put her backpack on her hook, signed her in and took her to the Welcome Room where they wait for their teacher to pick them up in the mornings. She was such a big girl, gave us hugs and kisses and waved bye to us without even blinking basically. So bittersweet, but I am also so happy to know she was ready. She had an awesome first day and couldn't wait to go back the next day. She goes 3 days a week for 3 hours each day, all of the teachers are certified teachers and they actually do and follow a curriculum which makes me so pleased. I didn't want her in something where she just went and played the whole time. I wanted a program that would get her ready to start kindergarten next year. This definitely is it! I love it and so does Landrie. I can't wait to go to all the class parties and watch her learn and grow this year!














*She told me that one of her new friends had polka dots on her face (a.k.a. freckles)