10.15.2009

Austin for the Weekend...

Back in the summer I noticed a Coach at the high school had some UT game tickets for sale. So being the good, sweet wife that I am forwarded the post to my hubby. Well of course he jumped at it and picked a game and got 4 people to say they wanted to go. So the time finally was here, it was Saturday, October 10th. Landrie and I were actually going to stay home but when I found out that my good friend from Weslaco was going and taking their 4 year old daughter (her hubby was already going to go, I think he might be an even bigger UT fan than my husband!) then we decided it would be fun to go too. So we got up pretty early and headed that way, we went out to eat and did a little shopping at the Co-op store, all I can say is CROWDED on game days! Holy cow! While the guys were at the game us girls were on a while goose chase looking for a kid friendly place to go, I think we drove around forever and ever in the wrong direction before finding a Chick-fil-A LITERALLY like 5 miles from our hotel! Knew I should have gone the other way first! Oh well, live and learn. So we had dinner and let them play at Chick-fil-A and then we headed to the best store ever... TARGET!!! :) Love me some Target. Well while we were in there looking around a lady stopped me and I thought she said "did you use to be a babysitter?" I know I probably looked at her like she was nuts and I said "no, I am from Dallas" then Myra looked at me and said "yes you were!" She had actually asked me if I use to be on Babycenter there are mommy boards on there where you can chat with other mommy's and such. I use to get on there all the time until I switched jobs and everything under the sun is blocked. She was another mom on the board and heard me say Landrie's name and recognized Landrie and I and then of course the recognized Myra and Jayda. That is actually how Myra and I met, on Babycenter. :) It was really neat to just "bump" into someone like that. We let the girls play for a little while and we chatted and said we would definitely have to try and get together again one day, that would be really neat. After Target we headed back to the hotel about that time the guys were coming back too, they had a blast at the game and had AWESOME seats!!! They sat practically right next to "Cowboy Troy!" Cory said he was super nice.

The next day we all met for lunch and then took the girls to play at the Children's Museum in Austin, it's a super neat one. We had a great trip, minus all the driving around looking for parking places and the times it was crowded, but that is just part of going to a college town during game time. :) Can't wait to go again!
















1 comment:

Myra Hough said...

It was LOTS of fun! Can't wait to see you guys again.